A water supply valve is required to control the water coming into the appliance if your refrigerator has a water and ice dispenser feature, or even just an installed ice maker. The supply valve is normally found during the bottom backside of this ice box behind an access panel. The homeвЂ™s water supply generally travels through copper tubing connected to the valve inlet slot.
The supply valve is a component that is electrically-control inlet and outlet water ports plus one or higher solenoids.
whenever signaled with a control board, the solenoid or solenoids will available to enable water to enter an inlet hose which directs water through an optional water filter towards the dispenser and/or to an ice maker tray fill tube. As time passes, the solenoids can fail or calcium deposits can establish when you look at the valve producing an obstruction, leading to the ice manufacturer not able to produce ice and restricted, or no, water taken from the dispenser once the lever is pushed. Since water supply valves may not be effortlessly cleaned or repaired, a malfunctioning valve should be changed with a brand new one.
How exactly to replace a faulty water supply valve
- Unplug the power cord that is refrigeratorвЂ™s.
- Shut from the water supply towards the fridge.
- Pull the fridge far from the wall.
- Unthread the screws to eliminate the low back access panel. Take note, you may have to detach the copper tubing or water that is incoming through the inlet valve slot before you completely eliminate the panel.
- Detach the water that is incoming through the water supply valve inlet port for those who havenвЂ™t done this currently.
- Unthread the screws to produce water supply valve mounting bracket or plate through the refrigerator framework.
- Disconnect the cable connecter or connecters through the solenoid terminals.
- Then depress the retaining rings to detach the outlet hose or hoses from the valve ports if applicable, slide out any locking clips. Be equipped for some water to spill.
- If required, eliminate the water that is old valve through the mounting dish or bracket.
- Install the brand new water supply valve by aligning it on the mounting dish or bracket if required.
- Fully place the hose or hoses in to the socket ports and, if needed, fall in the locking clip or videos to secure.
- Link the cable connecter or connecter to your solenoid terminals.
- Position the mounting dish or bracket regarding the ice box frame and thread the screws to secure.
- Realign the access panel and secure it because of the screws.
- Connect the water that is incoming to your valveвЂ™s inlet slot. Then use a wrench to tighten if the water is being supplied through copper tubing, hand-thread the tubingвЂ™s compression nut onto the inlet port. Avoid overtightening or perhaps you may harm the tubing.
- Move the fridge straight right back contrary to the wall surface.
- Turn the water supply straight right back on.
- Plug the power that is refrigeratorвЂ™s back.
- Switch on the ice manufacturer or run water through the dispenser to confirm the brand new supply valve is working correctly and there are not any leakages.
Discover the right water supply valve with fix Clinic
Since water supply valves will change with regards to the fridge model, it is essential to determine the valve that is exact fits your ice box. For this, enter the complete model amount of the applying into the fix Clinic search club, then choose вЂњValve & FloatвЂќ through the component category filter in the remaining region of the web web page to get the part that is matching. Fix Clinic stocks water supply valves for all the top brand name fridges, including Frigidaire, Whirlpool, Kenmore, Samsung, and LG, but youвЂ™ll want to be sure youвЂ™re purchasing the specific valve that matches your model.